Director - Leadership is the key to the success of any organization, and SMU Hillel is most fortunate to be coordinated and managed by Rabbi Heidi Coretz. In her fourteenth year as Director, her energetic and caring approach has developed very capable student leadership and outstanding programming. The result has been increased participation of students, faculty and staff. Further, Rabbi Coretz provides, as needed, individual counseling with students seeking spiritual and personal guidance. She regularly works with the Office of the Chaplain, the Jewish Studies Program, the Office of Multicultural Affairs, and other faculty at SMU to educate the university community about Judaism. Finally, Rabbi Coretz speaks to potential students and parents about Jewish life on campus.
Advisory Board - For two decades, SMU Hillel has been supported and led by an Advisory Board consisting of SMU graduates, lay leaders in the Jewish community and SMU faculty members. Members of the Board work closely with the Director on programming, finances and organizational planning. Current Advisory Board members include: Sandy Kaufman, Chair, Dr. Ellen Jackofsky, Dr. Marion Sobol, Dr. Bezalel and Dalia Gavish, Jackie Wald, David Zimmerman, Dr. Serge Frolov, and Jerry Candy.
Student Board The Student Board is a very important part of creating the programs of SMU Hillel and leading our work. Current student board members include:
- Co-Presidents - Sam Waldman and Hannah Kavy
- Immediate Past President - Aaron Tverye
- Vice President for Outreach - Jordan Williams
- Vice President for Education - Hannah Kavy
- Vice Presidents for Program - Sammie Kurtz, Lauren Miller, Jackie Malish
- Vice President for Shabbat and Holiday Celebrations - Solomon Guefen
- Vice Presidents for Social Justice - Marlo Weisberg and Ericka Koenigsberg
- Vice President Pubkic Relations - Marlo Weisberg
- First Year Outreach - Adam Feldman
- Hillel 21+ Chair - Oscar Schechter
- AEPi Liaison - Jordan Williams